Images of Windsor Castle in the Georgian Era.....



One of the most interesting books I have ever come across is a collection of colourful images of Windsor Castle in the 18th Century. The artists here wereThomas Sandby, and Paul Sandby. I used to live in Windsor..circa 1966-1977. It was where I was essentially educated, and had my early life in this world of ours. I also had a fascination in history, and ofcourse, the Castle itself  has an intriguing past.


The interesting book I notably refer to above is the following, and I got it for just £1 at a sale of old books from the old Slough Library. It was in good condition.




Ref  Amazon








https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windsor+castle+paul+sandby&safe=active&biw=1920&bih=985&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc7preiKPQAhUnBMAKHTjzAnAQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1
Google Image Search Link




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....